Zucchini is always delicious, especially when young and firm. But these zucchini cakes take zucchini to a whole new level.
They are crisp, golden, and super flavorful. How good it feels, to eat something that’s healthy AND delicious!
- 2 lb. (7 medium) unpeeled zucchini, coarsely grated
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, white parts and 1 inch of the greens, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup olive oil for frying
- Place the grated zucchini in a colander to drain for 30 minutes (If zucchini is firm, you won’t get much water).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix all other ingredients except for the oil. Add the drained zucchini and mix well.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in each of 2 large skillets, over medium heat. When hot, after about 3 minutes, drop ¼ cup of the batter onto 4 spots on each skillet (mine are pretty and round because I used a round, shallow measuring cup to scoop the mixture out).
- Cook until golden on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side, about 2 minuets more.
- Repeat with 2 more batches, wiping the skillets with paper towels and adding more oil as needed. Keep the prepared cakes in the warm oven while you cook more batches.