If you make chocolate covered strawberries with dark chocolate, it’s as healthy as a dessert can get, and it’s also relatively low-calorie. Chocolate dipped strawberries are not just a beautiful Valentine’s Day tradition- they make an easy, healthy dessert all year long.
Makes 24 chocolate covered strawberries
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Inactive: 1 hour
24 large and firm strawberries, preferably organic
1 bar (4oz) high-quality bittersweet chocolate (such as Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate)
1 teaspoon light olive oil (not extra virgin)
1. Line a tray or a baking sheet with wax paper.
2. Wash the strawberries and pat dry with a paper towel. Insert a toothpick into the stem of each strawberry.
3. Slowly melt the chocolate over very low heat. When melted, remove from heat, add the oil and mix well.
3. Dip half of each strawberry in the melted chocolate. Lift up and twist around to get rid of any excess chocolate. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Remove the toothpick.
4. Chill the strawberries for one hour before serving.
Nutrition per strawberry
Total Fat 2.2 g
Saturated Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 0.3 mg
Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 0.5 g
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 1 point