If you make chocolate covered strawberries with dark chocolate, it’s as healthy as a dessert can get, and it’s also relatively low-calorie. Chocolate covered strawberries are not just a beautiful Valentine’s Day tradition- they make an easy, healthy dessert all year long.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Wash the strawberries and pat dry with a paper towel. Insert a toothpick into the stem of each strawberry.
- Slowly melt the chocolate and coconut oil over very low heat, stirring with a rubber spatula. When melted, remove from heat.
- Dip each strawberry in the melted chocolate. Lift up and twist around to get rid of any excess chocolate. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Chill the strawberries in the fridge for one hour before serving.