Bursting with flavor, these oven baked spicy shrimp are amazing and so easy to make. Serve them on cauliflower rice, or use in salads and low carb tacos.
I love these spicy shrimp. They are so very tasty, and – just as important – very easy to make.
I bake these spicy shrimp in the oven. 8 minutes in a 400-degree oven, and they are perfect. If you prefer, you can broil them for about 4 minutes instead of baking. Or sauté them for 5 minutes or so in a large skillet. The result will be pretty much the same – the cooking method will depend on what you feel most comfortable with.
Personally, I’m partial to baking – it’s an easy, hands-off method and there’s no risk of burning the food like there is with broiling.
You can make these shrimp as spicy as you like – it all depends on how much cayenne pepper you add. I usually add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne for a subtle kick, but you can go up to 1/2 teaspoon.
How to serve these spicy shrimp? I usually just serve them as they are on plates. Sometimes I scoop them over cauliflower rice. You can use them in salads, tacos (using low carb tortillas if you don’t mind wheat).. the possibilities are endless.
If you like shrimp but are not into spice, try these wonderful garlic shrimp. They are very flavorful, but much milder in terms of heat.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lb. large raw shrimp, 21-25 per lb., peeled and deveined
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the shrimp in the baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the spices. Use your hands to mix everything well. Arrange the seasoned shrimp in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through and opaque, about 8 minutes. Serve immediately.