Delicate, tasty cream cheese pancakes are keto, low carb, and gluten-free. They are made with only four ingredients!
These delicious low carb and keto cream cheese pancakes are made with just four ingredients. They are REALLY good! In fact, I think they are better than flour-based pancakes.
And don’t just take my word for it. My carb-loving kids adore these pancakes and always ask for seconds.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need four simple ingredients to make this tasty keto breakfast. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Cream cheese
How to make keto cream cheese pancakes
The detailed instructions for making this recipe are listed in the recipe card below. Here are the basic steps:
- Start by softening the cream cheese in the microwave.
- Next, whisk the eggs, the cream cheese and the vanilla extract until very smooth. This will take some time.
- Cook the pancakes in butter over medium heat until golden, about 2 minutes on the first side and 1 more minute on the second side.
What frying pan to use
It’s an easy recipe, with one caveat: The batter is very thin. So you can’t just pour three mounds of the batter into a large skillet and fry three pancakes at a time, as you would with regular pancakes. The batter will spread.
So either use two mini frying pans and cook one pancake at a time in each, or use a special pancake pan.
Whatever pan you use, make sure it’s a nonstick pan.
How to serve keto cream cheese pancakes?
The pancakes are delicious with no toppings. But obviously you can top them with butter, maple syrup or honey (if you don’t mind the carbs), or a low-carb syrup.
If you’d like, you can also add 2 tablespoons of a low carb sweetener to the batter (or the equivalent in stevia), and then you won’t need a sweet topping at all.
Can I keep leftovers?
Yes. Once completely cool, you can keep these keto cream cheese pancakes in the fridge for 2-3 days, in a sealed container, separated by wax paper squares.
You can also successfully freeze them. Separate them with wax paper strips and place in a freezer bag.
More pancakes recipes you might enjoy
I really like these almond flour pancakes. They are tasty and fluffy, and the batter is really easy to work with – easier than these low carb keto cream cheese pancakes.
Another favorite of mine is these deliciously chocolatey low carb chocolate pancakes.
Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Microwave the cream cheese for 10 seconds to soften it.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs well with a hand whisk.
- Add the cream cheese and the vanilla. Whisk until well-incorporated and smooth. This will require some elbow grease, so be patient.
- Heat half the butter in two mini nonstick skillets over medium heat. Add 1/4 of the batter to each skillet. Cook until golden brown and set on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook 1 more minute. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the pans.
- The pancakes are delicious with no toppings, but obviously you can top them with butter, maple syrup, honey, or low-carb maple/honey.