These keto cream cheese pancakes are so good! Eating them is like eating cheesecake in pancake form 😍. They're so rich and creamy.
Leftovers can be frozen for up to three months, and you'll only need five ingredients to make them!
These delicious keto pancakes are made with just five ingredients. They are REALLY good!
In fact, I think they are better than traditional pancakes (or these protein pancakes, which are also excellent). They have this wonderfully delicate cheesecake-like texture that I really like.
And don't just take my word for it. My carb-loving kids adore these pancakes and always ask for seconds. There truly isn't a better compliment for a keto cook!
You'll only need five simple ingredients to make these keto cream cheese pancakes. You probably have them at home right now! The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:
Cream cheese: Make sure you use full-fat cream cheese in this recipe. It's possible that reduced-fat cream cheese will work, but I haven't tested it.
Eggs: I use large eggs in most of my recipes, this one included.
Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract adds great flavor to these pancakes. Try to use the real thing and not the artificially flavored stuff.
Sweetener: I use stevia glycerite to equal 2 tablespoons of sugar. You can use your favorite granulated sweetener instead.
Butter: Used for frying the pancakes. Use unsalted butter - the cream cheese adds enough saltiness. I like to use European butter because it's so creamy and delicious, but any butter will be great.
The detailed instructions for making these keto cream cheese pancakes are listed in the recipe card below. Here are the basic steps:
- Your first step is to soften the cream cheese. This is easily done in the microwave. Make sure it's truly soft (but not liquid), or it won't mix well into the eggs.
- Next, whisk the eggs, cream cheese, vanilla, and stevia until very smooth. This will take some time, so try to be patient!
- Now, cook the pancakes in butter over medium heat until golden, about 2 minutes on the first side and 1 more minute on the second side.
This is an easy recipe, with one caveat: The batter is very thin. So you can't just pour three mounds of the batter into a large skillet and fry three pancakes at a time, as you would with regular pancakes. The batter will spread.
So you could either use two mini frying pans (see product link in the recipe card below) and cook one pancake at a time in each. Or do like I do and use a special pan.
I like to use an egg cooker pan (see product link in the recipe card below), which makes perfect round eggs (great for this keto breakfast sandwich!) and also works very well for thin-batter pancakes.
Whatever pan you use, make sure it's a nonstick pan.
Frequently asked questions
I don't recommend that. For the best texture and flavor, it's best to use full-fat cream cheese in this recipe.
Yes, they do. While their texture is not exactly the same as traditional pancakes, their flavor is exquisite and they make a very good pancake substitute.
I don't recommend adding coconut flour. It's too drying. As for almond flour, while there's no need to add any, you could add ¼ cup to the batter. It will make the pancakes more sturdy.
The best way to vary this recipe is to use different flavors. So, for example, you might use coconut extract instead of vanilla extract. You can also add a tablespoon of either orange zest or lemon zest to the batter. It really enhances the pancakes' flavor.
These pancakes are delicious with no toppings. But obviously, you can top them with butter (as shown in the photos) or sugar-free syrup.
Other tasty toppings include keto whipped cream, strawberry compote, and blueberry compote.
Once completely cool, you can keep these pancakes in the fridge for 3-4 days, in a sealed container, separated by wax paper squares.
You can also successfully freeze them. Separate them with wax paper squares and place them in a freezer bag.
👩🏻🍳 I typically publish a new or updated recipe once a week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe today! You can unsubscribe at any time.
Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon stevia glycerite (equals about 2 tablespoons of sugar)
- Microwave the cream cheese for 10-20 seconds to soften it. It needs to be truly soft, though not liquid.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs well with a hand whisk.
- Add the cream cheese, vanilla, and stevia. Whisk patiently until well incorporated and smooth. This will require some elbow grease, so try to be patient!
- Heat half the butter in two mini nonstick skillets (or use an egg frying pan) over medium heat. Add ¼ of the batter to each skillet. Cook until golden brown and set on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 1 more minute. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the pans.
- Serve immediately, topped with your favorite pancake toppings.
Add Your Own Notes
Nutrition per Serving
❤️ Let's connect! Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, or Twitter.
Leave a Reply