Crispy, delicious kale fritters totally hit the spot when you want something delicious and greasy but healthy.
I’m so in love with these kale fritters!
I fully admit it: I love fried foods. There are no excuses, really. I didn’t grow up in the south (but oh, how I love visiting there!).
But I did grow up with an amazing Jewish grandma, whose fried schnitzels and latkes were legendary. Does that count? 😀
It’s weird, but a happy weirdness, that grandma made latkes not only on Hanukkah but every Friday.
So every Friday we would visit, and my brother and I would get a plateful of goodies. Golden schnitzels, crispy latkes, and fat, briny cucumber pickles. Not a fresh vegetable in sight! It was perfect.
So maybe that’s why I love fried food so much.
Kale is very healthy
Or you can make these amazing kale fritters. They are everything that you want in a fritter – delicious, greasy and crispy.
This is an easy recipe
Plus, these fritters are fairly easy to make. Some fritters (such as these yellow squash fritters) are delicious but tend to easily fall apart when you flip them. But these kale fritters are pretty sturdy, as are my collard green fritters.
The ingredients needed for this recipe
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make these tasty fritters (exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below):
- Almond flour
- Salt and pepper
- Kale leaves
- Olive oil
How to make kale fritters
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Place all the ingredients except for the kale and olive oil in your food processor’s bowl.
- Process to combine.
- Add the kale gradually and process to combine.
- Fry the fritters in olive oil until golden-brown, 4-5 minutes per side.
How to serve kale fritters?
They are also great with a couple of poached eggs, for a tasty and filling meatless dinner.
Needless to say, if you celebrate Hanukkah, they make the perfect low carb latke alternative.
How to store leftovers
Today I discovered that leftovers are delicious cold, straight out of the fridge! That was some yummy snack I made myself earlier.
You can keep leftovers in the fridge, in a sealed container, for about 4 days. You can certainly reheat them if you prefer, in the microwave on 50% power.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 8 oz kale leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Place the eggs, almond flour, Parmesan, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper and scallions in your food processor’s bowl. Briefly process to combine.
- Add the kale gradually, about a quarter at a time, and process to combine.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Using a 4oz ice cream scoop or a 1/4 –cup measuring cup, drop the kale fritters into the oil. Fry until golden-brown, 4-5 minutes per side.
- Keep the cooked fritters in the warm oven while you add more oil to the pan and fry another batch.