Creamy, decadent keto chocolate peanut butter fudge made with just four wholesome ingredients, no condensed milk, and no added sugar.
This keto chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe was inspired by my good friend J. She has an easy recipe for a chocolate peanut butter fudge. She calls it “Idiot Fudge,” presumably because it’s so easy, any idiot can make it.
When she first made it for me, I knew immediately that this is something I would never be able to have in the house. It’s just too dangerous. 😀
How I created this recipe
One of the things I love to do in the kitchen is to create healthier versions of not-so-healthy recipes. So I couldn’t resist the urge to create a healthier version of my friend’s recipe.
The main change that I made was to completely omit the powdered sugar, which the original recipe had quite a lot of (a full cup, I think), and use dark chocolate.
I was amazed at the result because it was not just healthy and keto, but also creamy and delicious. It was perfect! The original Idiot Fudge is perfect too, which makes me think that we can often reduce the amount of sugar in recipes or even omit it completely, with results that are still amazing.
The ingredients needed for this recipe
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make this delicious fudge:
- Dark chocolate
- Unsalted butter
- Creamy peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
How to make keto chocolate peanut butter fudge
It truly is an easy recipe. Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. But here are the basics:
- You gently melt together dark chocolate, unsalted butter, peanut butter and vanilla extract in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a square Pyrex dish.
- Cover and refrigerate until set. That’s it!
Why is this a healthy recipe?
I do consider this keto chocolate peanut butter fudge as a healthy recipe, at least as far as desserts go. It’s made of only four real-food ingredients.
How to store keto chocolate peanut butter fudge
Cut it into squares and store them in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to a week. Remove them from the fridge 20 minutes before you plan on enjoying them.
More tasty no-bake recipes
Another yummy no-bake chocolate dessert is these chocolate cheesecake bars. They are wonderful!
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 (3.5 oz bar) high-quality dark chocolate, 70% cocoa, broken into pieces (I used Lindt)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Line a square 8-inch baking dish with wax paper.
- Place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Heat over very low heat, stirring often and making sure chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat as soon as the chocolate is melted. Keep stirring until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer the mixture to prepared pan, spreading out evenly and smoothing out the top, then gently swirling just the top to create a pretty design.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
- Uncover and use the wax paper to remove the fudge from the pan and onto a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut into 16 squares.
- Keep the fudge squares in the fridge, in an airtight container, separating layers with wax paper.