Dinner doesn’t get any easier than slow cooker pulled pork. Quickly mix the barbecue sauce, pour over the pork, set and forget. Eight hours later, come home to a tender, flavorful, perfectly cooked entree!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Entree, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Primal/Paleo
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (2.5 lb.) pork loin roast
- 1 (7 oz) jar tomato paste, no salt or sugar added (3/4 cup)
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Remove the pork loin from its packaging and wipe it dry with paper towels. Place, skin side down, in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce ingredients. Pour over the pork loin and use your hands to make sure the pork is well-coated.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Carefully remove the slow cooker lid (hot steam will escape). Increase heat to high. Use two forks to shred the pork and mix it well with the sauce. Allow to cook a few more minutes until thickened, then serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 411; Fat: 28g; Carbohydrates: 12g; Sugar: 10g; Sodium: 442mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 25g