Crunchy, fragrant and salty-sweet, these honey roasted nuts make a great homemade hostess gift this holiday season – assuming you’ll resist the temptation to polish them off by yourself. :)
The amount of honey in this recipe adds just a touch of sweetness. If you like your roasted nuts sweet, double the amount.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey*
- 8 oz mixed unsalted nuts (I used 2 oz each hazelnuts, almonds, pecans and pistachios)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place butter and honey in a baking dish or casserole. Heat in the oven until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the nuts and the smoked paprika. Toss to coat.
- Roast the nuts until golden, 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan onto wax paper or parchment paper. Sprinkle with the salt. Allow to cool and crisp up, about 20 minutes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.