Creamy and deliciously irresistible, these no-bake cheesecake balls are a fun alternative to going through the trouble of baking cheesecake.
No Bake Cheesecake Balls
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Dessert, Gluten-Free, Low-carb
Yield: 9 cheesecake balls
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whisk the cream cheese, honey and vanilla until smooth.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden. You want the mixture hard enough that you can work with it like it was dough.
- With clean hands, pinch a generous tablespoon of mixture per cheesecake ball. Roll the mixture in your hands to shape into a ball.
- Place the toppings in shallow bowls. Roll the cheesecake balls in the toppings. You’ll only use about 2 tablespoons of each topping, but you need more of it to properly dredge the cheesecake balls.
- Place the cheesecake balls in an airtight container and refrigerate for 30 minutes, to allow them to set and re-harden before serving.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container. Remove from fridge 10 minutes before serving.
*For an even lower-carb option, try using Nature's Hollow sugar-free honey substitute (xylitol based). I haven't tried it myself, so if you do try it, please let me know how it was! Nutrition for this version: Calories 117; fat 11g; saturated fat 6g; sodium 76mg; carbs 2g; fiber 1g; sugars 1g; protein 2g.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 cheesecake ball; Calories: 126; Fat: 11g; Saturated fat: 6g; Carbohydrates: 6g; Sugar: 5g; Sodium: 76mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 2g