These tasty little stuffed mushrooms pack as much flavor as pizza, for far fewer calories! They make a great dinner party appetizer.
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Appetizer, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Vegetarian
Yield: 20 stuffed mushrooms
- 2 (8 oz) packages Crimini mushrooms, stems removed, wiped clean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup marinara sauce (I like Rao's - ultra clean ingredient list and no added sugar)
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 20 small basil leaves, or large basil leaves chopped into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil (for easy cleanup) and fit it with a roasting rack.
- Brush the mushrooms with the olive oil. Place them, top side up, on the roasting rack. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Carefully rearrange the mushrooms so that they are top side down. Spoon a teaspoon of marinara sauce into each mushroom. Sprinkle dried basil over the sauce. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Return the mushrooms to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted. Garnish with basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 mushroom; Calories: 22; Fat: 1g; Carbohydrates: 2g; Sugar: 1g; Sodium: 40mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 2g