Delicious crustless broccoli quiche makes a quick meatless dinner and is also perfect as a healthy lunch. It’s tasty, filling, low carb and gluten free!
I adore this crustless broccoli quiche. It’s low carb, super easy to make, which makes it perfect for weeknight dinners, and it’s so delicious. It is one of my favorite options for meatless dinners, and it’s also great as a healthy lunch.
Crustless quiches make a great alternative to traditional quiches, because you get all the flavor and nutrition of the filling without the extra calories, grains and carbs from the crust. Even gluten-free crusts are often high in carbs and not very healthy, so I prefer to avoid them.
I like to make this crustless quiche with broccoli, but I imagine that chopped cauliflower will work as well. A very similar quiche that I also make quite often is this crustless spinach quiche. It’s excellent.
I use frozen chopped broccoli in this crustless broccoli quiche because it’s so convenient, but obviously you can use fresh broccoli if you prefer. You can also use sour cream instead of Greek yogurt.
Since we never have any leftovers when I make this yummy crustless broccoli quiche, I sometimes bake two quiches, just to ensure I have leftovers the next day for lunch!
Watch the video to see how easy it is to make this crustless broccoli quiche:
- 1 tablespoon butter for pan
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously butter a 9-inch pie dish.
- Place the broccoli in a large microwave safe bowl. Add ¼ cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring after the first 3 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in the broccoli and the cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie dish. Bake until golden-brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and set in pan on a wire rack, about 15 minutes, before slicing and serving.