Cabbage is always delicious, even when very simply prepared with butter and garlic. But roasting cabbage certainly elevates it into a whole new level, turning the humble cabbage into a crisp, tasty, salty-spicy snack.
- 1 large green cabbage (2 lbs untrimmed)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and brush it with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Remove the cabbage’s damaged outer leaves. Cut it in half, then into quarters and finally into wedges.
- Place the cabbage wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with the remaining olive oil. Season with salt, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Roast the cabbage wedges until golden and fork-tender, 20 minutes per side.