Crustless quiche makes a great alternative to traditional quiche, because you get all the flavor and nutrition of the filling without the extra calories (not to mention the grains and gluten) from the crust.
This particular crustless quiche uses broccoli, but I can imagine that chopped cauliflower will work too, and do feel free to experiment with any other veggie.
- Olive oil spray (make your own using a spray bottle)
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¾ cup (3 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick spray.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli. Cook 1 minute, just to defrost. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, salt, black pepper and garlic. Stir in the broccoli and the cheese.
- Transfer the broccoli mixture to the prepared pie dish. Bake until golden-brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.