Healthy, keto and low carb Greek yogurt pancakes are made with coconut flour. They are easy to make, fluffy and delicious!
My entire family loves these tasty, healthy and keto Greek yogurt pancakes. I make them often for our weekend brunch. They are fluffy and delicious!
I love adding Greek yogurt to batters. It adds wonderful creaminess and also increases the protein content of baked goods. It’s great in cakes too. This almond flour Greek yogurt cake, for example, is wonderful. If you wish, you can use sour cream instead of Greek yogurt.
What flour to use in these Greek yogurt pancakes
I make these Greek yogurt pancakes with coconut flour. The batter is pleasantly thick and easy to work with, but make sure to cook them on medium-low heat because they burn easily.
Since coconut flour is so absorbent, I highly recommend that you measure it by weight and not by volume, for the most accurate results.
How to sweeten Greek yogurt pancakes
I know this is somewhat unusual, but I don’t add any sweetener to pancake batter. I simply find it unnecessary, since I top them with a sweet topping anyway.
If you prefer your pancakes sweetened, you could add 2 tablespoons of any granulated sweetener, or the equivalent in stevia. I sometimes do this, and then I top the pancakes with just unsalted butter, and they are excellent.
Why is this a healthy recipe?
I think these Greek yogurt pancakes are healthy because they don’t contain refined carbs and they’re also free of wheat, which is thought by some to be inflammatory. They are relatively low in carbs and high in fiber (5g per serving). And Greek yogurt is very healthy.
How to store these pancakes
If you have leftovers, you can keep them in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days. Reheat them gently, in the microwave on 50% power. You can also freeze them in freezer bags, separated by wax paper, for up to 3 months.
More tasty keto pancakes
Another great recipe for low carb pancakes is this recipe for low carb cream cheese pancakes. And these almond flour pancakes are one of the most popular recipes on this blog and with good reason. They are amazing!
Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)*
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated low-carb sweetener or the equivalent in stevia (optional)
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour (42 grams)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to warm (150 degrees F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and sweetener (if using).
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a 4-tablespoon ice cream scoop or measuring cup, transfer three mounds of the batter into the skillet. Cook the pancakes until bottoms are golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancakes - they're not as sturdy as wheat flour pancakes - and cook until golden and set, 2 more minutes.
- Place the cooked pancakes on the prepared baking sheet and keep in the warm oven while you cook more batches.