Gluten-free and keto coconut flour muffins are tender, fluffy and coconutty. At 95 calories and 3 grams net carbs per muffin, they’re also guilt-free!
These coconut flour muffins are tender, very fluffy, and delightfully coconutty. At 95 calories and 3 grams net carbs per muffin, I often have two of them with coffee for my breakfast.
Unlike high carb wheat muffins, these tasty muffins are very satiating and keep me full for several hours.
How to make coconut flour muffins
Scroll down to the recipe card for the full instructions. It’s a truly easy recipe, but here are a few helpful tips:
1. Yes, I add two full tablespoons of vanilla extract to these coconut flour muffins. This is not a typo, and I think they are delicious with a pronounced vanilla flavor. But if you worry that it would be too much, by all means, use just 1 tablespoon. It should work just as well.
2. When measuring the coconut flour, it’s best to measure it by weight and not by volume. Coconut flour is extremely absorbent so every small deviation from the recipe as written might prove disastrous. When it comes to this flour, each tablespoon counts!
3. Please use foil liners when baking these muffins. It has been my experience that coconut flour baked goods stick to paper liners. They sometimes even stick to silicone muffin pans. But for some reason, they don’t stick to greased foil liners.
Is this a healthy recipe?
Certainly, if you need to follow a keto or a low carb diet, these are a lifesaver when you want something sweet that likely won’t raise your blood sugar as much as refined-flour muffins.
What about leftovers?
Once completely cool, you can keep the leftovers of these muffins in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 5 days. Gently reheat them in the microwave on 50% power, about 10 seconds per muffin.
They also freeze beautifully, and you can defrost them in the microwave.
More tasty coconut flour muffin recipes
Another wonderful muffin recipe that uses coconut flour is this recipe for healthy lemon poppy seed muffins. They are AMAZING. And these coconut flour chocolate muffins are incredibly fluffy and so delicious.
Coconut Flour Muffins
- Coconut oil spray for liners
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, unsweetened, full fat
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (I used xylitol)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut flour (84 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with foil liners (they stick to paper liners), and spray the liners with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs using a hand whisk. Whisk in the remaining ingredients one by one.
- Using an ice cream scoop, transfer the batter to the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until muffins are browned and set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. In my oven, this takes 20-25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan on a cooling rack, then transfer the muffins directly to the cooling rack to cool 10 more minutes before enjoying.