Cheesy, garlicky and buttery, this keto garlic bread is gluten-free and low carb. Beware – it’s addictive!
This cheesy keto garlic bread is dangerous! Yes, it’s low carb and gluten-free, which probably makes it a healthier choice than most refined-flour garlic breads.
Still, it is so tasty, so irresistible, that I only make it once in a very long while. That’s because it’s addictive and I tend to overeat it! 😳 So I make it only when I know I’ll be able to share it with others.
Does it taste like real garlic bread?
No. Lacking wheat and gluten, no keto bread can taste like the real thing. BUT it is a very tasty substitute. As I said, maybe too tasty!
Is this a healthy recipe?
How to serve keto garlic bread?
It’s a great appetizer! When I host a dinner party, I like to bring out a platter of this bread for people to munch on while having a cocktail.
But it’s also great as a side dish. One of my favorite keto meals is steak, salad, and this bread.
How to keep leftovers?
If you have leftovers of this keto garlic bread, you can keep them in the fridge for 2-3 days, and reheat in a 350-degree F oven. Or gently microwave on 50% power. It won’t be as good as freshly baked, but it’s still quite good.
Other keto breads you might enjoy
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, baking soda and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg.
- With a rubber spatula, mix the egg into the flour mixture.
- Add the cheese, then knead the crumbly mixture into uniform, smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Use your hands to form it into a 7-or-8-inch square (or circle, if that’s easier).
- Bake for 10 minutes, until golden and edges begin to brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Switch oven to broil and set a rack 6 inches below flame (not directly below flame).
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with the salt and garlic powder. Brush the top of the garlic bread with this mixture, then sprinkle the mozzarella and oregano on top.
- Broil until cheese is golden and bubbly, 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven, place on a cooling rack and allow to cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.