These tasty little cocktail meatballs are wonderfully juicy and flavorful. They are baked, easy to make, keto and gluten-free.
These tasty little cocktail meatballs are so good. I love serving them when we have company. But we all like them so much, that I often make them for our family dinners.
How to make easy baked cocktail meatballs
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. It’s such an easy recipe! Mix ground beef with spices, shape into tiny meatballs and bake.
The secret is in the spices. These cocktail meatballs are so packed with flavor, so juicy and good, that you won’t miss the deep frying. And there’s also no need to simmer them in a sauce. Which means that these baked cocktail meatballs are super easy to make!
I don’t use any fillers in this recipe. No eggs, no breadcrumbs. So you get the pure beef flavor, and it’s also a keto and gluten-free recipe.
How to serve baked cocktail meatballs
These baked cocktail meatballs are a real crowd pleaser. Everyone loves them – adults and kids. I usually serve them in a bowl, with small dishes of grainy Dijon mustard and unsweetened ketchup for dipping.
Is beef healthy?
I think it is. Red meat often gets a bad rap. But fresh unprocessed meat is actually very nutritious. There’s more of an issue with processed meats such as bacon and lunchmeats. But it’s definitely a good idea to pair your meat dishes with fruit and vegetables. So serve these cocktail meatballs alongside platters of fresh cut veggies and bowls of berries.
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers of these baked cocktail meatballs in the fridge, in a sealed container, for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the microwave on 50% power. I sometimes eat them cold! I love making a plate of leftover cold meatballs, hard-boiled eggs, fresh cut veggies, and quick pickles. It’s such a great lunch.
Baked Cocktail Meatballs
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (85/15)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the beef with the spices.
- Form into 24 small balls, each weighing around 20 grams.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, not touching each other.
- Bake 10 minutes, until browned. Baste with the pan juices, then transfer to a serving platter and serve.