These tasty little cocktail meatballs are wonderfully juicy and flavorful. They are baked, easy to make, keto and gluten-free.
These cocktail meatballs are so good. I love serving them when we have company. But we all like them so much, that I often make them for our family dinners.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty recipe, and you probably already have these ingredients! The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s a general overview:
- Olive oil spray
- Lean ground beef
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Spices: smoked paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground cumin (spices are very healthy, by the way!)
How to make easy baked cocktail meatballs
It’s a truly easy recipe! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Mix ground beef with salt and lots of tasty spices.
- Shape into tiny meatballs.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400°F.
The secret is in the spices. These meatballs are so packed with flavor, so juicy and good, that you won’t miss the deep frying.
And there’s also no need to simmer them in a sauce. Which means that they are super easy to make!
I don’t use any fillers in this recipe. No eggs, no breadcrumbs. So you get the pure beef flavor, and it’s also a keto and gluten-free recipe.
How to serve cocktail meatballs
These meatballs are a real crowd-pleaser. Everyone loves them – adults and kids. I usually serve them in a bowl, with small dishes of grainy Dijon mustard and unsweetened ketchup for dipping.
Is beef healthy?
I believe it is. Some experts urge us to limit red meat. But fresh unprocessed meat is very nutritious and I believe it does have a place in a healthy diet, in moderation. Especially when accompanied by vegetables.
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers of these cocktail meatballs in the fridge, in a sealed container, for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the microwave on 50% power.
I sometimes eat them cold! I love making a plate of leftover cold meatballs, hard-boiled eggs, fresh-cut veggies, and quick pickles. It’s such a great lunch.
Baked Cocktail Meatballs
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (85/15)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the beef with the spices.
- Form into 24 small balls, each weighing around 20 grams.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, not touching each other.
- Bake 10 minutes, until browned. Baste with the pan juices, then transfer to a serving platter and serve.