Check out my healthy Thanksgiving recipes!
Keto microwave cheesecake recipe is ready in just a few minutes. Sweetened with stevia, it has 4 grams of carbs and 200 calories for the entire filling cake.
This keto microwave cheesecake is a lifesaver. It’s ready super fast, it’s very filling, and it satisfies that craving for cheesecake that I tend to get once in awhile.
Although not true cheesecake, this microwave cheesecake is very close to the real thing. Its texture is creamy, it has a pleasant vanilla flavor, and it’s just sweet enough.
The cake comes out of the microwave puffy, then deflates a little, although it retains a nice volume. The center is just a little sunken, but that center will end up on the bottom of the cake – after you invert in onto a plate, the top is nice and smooth.
You can make this microwave cake prettier by dusting it with a little Swerve Confectioners. I rarely bother – I only did it here because I wanted the photographs to look as nice as possible. 😉
You can obviously top this low carb microwave cheesecake with other toppings, including berries, whipped cream, or a drizzle of melted dark chocolate or warmed peanut butter.
I use Neufchatel cream cheese in this recipe, which is basically a lower fat cream cheese. You can use full fat cream cheese if you prefer – it’s just that I’m one of those who believe that even on a keto or low carb diet, calories count – especially dessert calories. Neufchatel cream cheese produces fabulous results for less calories, so that’s what I use.
I use a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of stevia glycerite in this microwave cheesecake, which equals about 1.5 tablespoons of sugar. I received a few emails from readers saying that they didn’t find the cake sweet enough, and that they liked it much better with double the amount of sweetener. This is certainly up to you – I don’t like my desserts very sweet, but you can experiment and decide for yourself. Keep in mind though that I only tested this recipe with 1/4 teaspoon stevia glycerite and with no other sweeteners.
If you prefer to bake your cheesecake rather than microwave it, try these creamy mini cheesecakes – they are wonderful.
Watch the video to see how I make this microwave cheesecake – it’s so easy:
Keto Microwave Cheesecake
- 2 oz Neufchatel cream cheese, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon stevia glycerite (heaping) (equals about 1.5 TBS sugar)
- 1 large egg
- Place the cream cheese in a 1-cup, 3-inch wide ceramic ramekin. Microwave 15 seconds to soften.
- Add the vanilla and stevia and mix with a fork to combine.
- Mix in the egg, patiently and thoroughly, until smooth. This will take a couple of minutes.
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Allow the cake to rest and cool in the ramekin for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and carefully invert it onto a plate.
- Top with your choice of toppings and serve, or refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove from fridge 15 minutes before serving.