Golden, crisp and very flavorful, grated Parmesan cheese makes the perfect crust for these delicious, low-carb chicken tenders.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Entree, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Primal
Yield: 4 servings
- 1½ lb. raw chicken tenders (about 12 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the chicken tenders between two layers of wax paper and pound them ⅛-inch-thin.
- Brush both sides of the chicken pieces with mustard, and sprinkle with garlic powder and cayenne.
- Place the Parmesan in a shallow bowl. Dip the chicken pieces, one by one, into the Parmesan and press to coat.
- Heat a nonstick double-burner griddle (or two large nonstick skillets) over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Brush with olive oil. Fry the chicken tenders until browned, about 3 minutes on each side.
If working in batches, keep the cooked chicken tenders in a 200 degrees F oven while you're cooking more batches.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 3 chicken tenders; Calories: 341; Fat: 12g; Saturated fat: 6g; Carbohydrates: 1g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 843mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 49g