This spinach scramble may not look like much, but it’s delicious. I’ve been making it regularly for over a year now, but I was reluctant to include it here because while egg scrambles are tasty, they are not very photogenic!
Today I just decided to go ahead and publish it. It’s so good, I don’t want you guys to miss out.
- 9 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons (1 oz) grated Parmesan
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic and Parmesan.
- Heat a very large (12-14 inch) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the frozen spinach. Cook, stirring often, until thawed and liquids have evaporated, about 5 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the cooked spinach into the egg mixture.
- Add the olive oil to the warm skillet and swirl to coat. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook the eggs, pushing them back and forth and flipping them from side to side, until set to your liking. Experts say that cooked eggs should be golden, not browned, but I like my eggs well-scrambled and browned.