Light and tasty Greek yogurt pancakes are healthy, low carb and keto. The batter is unsweetened, so you can top them with the sweet low carb topping of your choice.
We really enjoyed these healthy Greek yogurt pancakes today for brunch. They are healthy, low carb and keto, and will not jack up your blood sugar the way wheat flour pancakes do.
I make these Greek yogurt pancakes with coconut flour. The batter is pleasantly thick and easy to work with, but make sure to cook them on medium-low heat, because they burn easily.
I know this is somewhat unusual, but I don’t add any sweetener to pancake batter. I simply find it unnecessary, since I top them with a sweet topping anyway.
If you prefer your pancakes sweetened, you could add 2 tablespoons of any granulated sweetener, or the equivalent in stevia.
Another great recipe for low carb pancakes is this recipe for low carb cream cheese pancakes.
Watch the video to see how easy it is to make these Greek yogurt pancakes:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour (42 grams)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to warm (150-170 degrees F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a 4-tablespoon ice cream scoop or measuring cup, transfer three mounds of the batter into the skillet. Cook the pancakes until bottoms are golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancakes - they're not as sturdy as wheat flour pancakes - and cook until golden and set, 2 more minutes.
- Place the cooked pancakes on the prepared baking sheet and keep in the warm oven while you cook more batches.