This Greek yogurt cake is a simple, tasty breakfast cake, made with Greek yogurt, olive oil and lemon zest.
Greek Yogurt Cake
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert
Yield: 12 slices
- Baking spray
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup light (not extra-virgin) olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large juicy lemon, zested and juiced (2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
- 1 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray (containing flour).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the lemon juice, lemon zest, and Greek yogurt. Whisk to combine.
- Gradually whisk in flour mixture. Transfer batter to the prepared pan, smoothing out the top with a spatula. Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool 20 more minutes. Dust with powdered sugar, slice and serve. Freeze leftover slices in freezer bags and thaw in microwave.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 slice; Calories: 232; Fat: 8g; Carbohydrates: 34g; Sugar: 18g; Sodium: 204mg; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 6g