This honey baked chicken is juicy and very flavorful. I usually use drumsticks, but this recipe should also work with bone-in thighs and with whole legs.
Honey Baked Chicken
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Entree, Gluten-Free, Primal/Paleo, Low-Carb
Yield: 10 drumsticksNew quantity:
- Olive oil spray (make your own using a spray bottle)
- 10 (4 oz) chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil (to save you some serious cleanup later as the honey caramelizes) and lightly spray it with olive oil spray.
- Remove the skin from the drumsticks by pulling on the top part of the skin with a paper towel and pulling hard, all the way down, then yanking the skin off. You can leave the skin on, of course, but it will add calories and omega-6 fat. I've made it both ways, and my family and I agree - this honey baked chicken is delicious and juicy with and without the skin.
- Arrange drumsticks in pan. Whisk together the olive oil, honey, mustard, salt, curry powder and pepper. Evenly pour the mixture over the chicken, brushing to coat.
- Bake 1¼ hours, basting every 15 minutes, until chicken is browned and juices run clear, flipping the drumsticks after the first 45 minutes, to allow both sides to brown.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 drumstick; Calories: 165; Total Fat: 6g; Carbohydrates: 3g; Sugars: 3g; Sodium: 278mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 22g