Delicious creamed spinach, flavored with garlic and onion, and creamed with neufchatel cheese.
- 1 lb. frozen spinach
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 oz. neufchatel cheese (or reduced-fat cream cheese)
- Place the frozen spinach in a large, deep skillet. There's no need to add oil. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat to medium and cook, stirring and breaking up large chunks, until thawed, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 more minute, then add the salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Add the neufchatel cheese, stirring until it melts into the spinach. Serve immediately.