Rich, super decadent keto chocolate pudding requires no cooking. It’s truly difficult to believe that it only has three ingredients!
Yes, this keto chocolate pudding has just three ingredients – dark chocolate, coconut milk, and a touch of sweetener!
It is ridiculously easy to make, and the result is decadent and rich, with a velvety mouthfeel.
I love pudding. Loved it as a kid, love it now. It’s such a classic comfort food. But most recipes require quite a bit of work. And they contain milk, which I wanted to avoid.
This recipe solves both issues. It is dairy-free, and it’s so easy to make. And the best part? It’s delicious and super-rich. No one will believe that this amazing dessert has so few ingredients!
The ingredients you’ll need
How great is this ultra-short ingredients list (exact measurements are in the recipe card below)!
- Extra dark chocolate
- Unsweetened canned coconut milk
How to make keto chocolate pudding
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Heat the ingredients over medium heat until the chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat and whisk until smooth. I simply use a hand whisk.
- Divide between ramekins and chill.
Can I use reduced-fat coconut milk?
Please don’t. With so few ingredients, each of them counts, and reduced-fat coconut milk isn’t thick and creamy enough. It also doesn’t taste very good.
Is this a make-ahead recipe?
Absolutely! I do appreciate the fact that this is a dessert I can make in advance. It makes life so much easier when you don’t have to worry about making dessert when your guests are already there!
Is keto chocolate pudding healthy?
Whether to use coconut products or not is ultimately your choice. My personal choice is to use them in moderation.
What about leftovers?
You can keep the leftovers, covered and refrigerated, for up to 4 days. Although I must say I never have leftovers when I make this keto dessert!
More chocolatey recipes that you might enjoy
This tasty banana chocolate pudding is healthy and paleo, but obviously, it’s not keto.
A good low-carb option is this thick and creamy homemade chocolate yogurt.
And this classic dark chocolate mousse is amazing. It reminds me of the wonderfully fluffy chocolate mousse that I enjoyed in a little bistro in Paris, years ago.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto Chocolate Pudding
- 3 1/2 oz extra dark chocolate, broken into pieces (I used Lindt 90% cacao)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, full-fat, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener (or the stevia equivalent)
- In a medium pot, heat the chocolate, coconut milk and sweetener over medium heat, stirring until the chocolate is melted.
- Turn the heat off and whisk the mixture with a hand whisk until very smooth.
- Pour into five (4 oz) ramekins or dessert cups, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.