Delicate, tasty cream cheese pancakes are keto, low carb and gluten free. They are made with only three ingredients!
These delicious low carb cream cheese pancakes are made with just three ingredients. They are REALLY good, in fact better than flour-based pancakes, and don’t just take my word for it – my carb-loving kids adored these low carb pancakes and asked for seconds.
One caveat: The batter is very thin, so you can’t just pour three mounds of the batter into a large skillet and fry three pancakes at a time, as you would with regular pancakes. The batter will spread.
So either use two mini frying pans and cook one pancake at a time in each, or use a special pancake pan – I used this egg cooker pan, which makes perfect round eggs and also works great for thin-batter pancakes.
Low Carb Cream Cheese Pancakes
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Microwave the cream cheese for 10 seconds to soften it.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs well with a hand whisk.
- Add the cream cheese and the vanilla. Whisk until well-incorporated.
- Heat half the butter in two mini skillets over medium heat. Add 1/4 of the batter to each skillet. Cook until golden brown and set on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook 1 more minute. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the pans.
- The pancakes are delicious with no toppings, but obviously you can top them with butter, maple syrup, honey, or low-carb maple/honey.