Making homemade chocolate is easy, and when you make it at home, you know exactly what goes into your chocolate and can avoid unwanted additives such as soy lecithin. Using coconut oil makes this delicious homemade chocolate extra healthy, but also extra melty, so keep it in the fridge and remove 5 minutes before serving.
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 oz roasted almonds, coarsely chopped in food processor
- Place the coconut oil in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave just a few seconds to melt it.
- Sift the cocoa powder into the melted coconut oil. Use a small rubber spatula to combine.
- Mix in the honey, then the almonds.
- Use a spoon to transfer the mixture into a candy silicone mold. Or divide it evenly among silicone mini muffin cups.
- Freeze for 10-20 minutes, until completely set.