These coconut flour muffins are tender, fluffy and coconutty. To create this recipe, I started out with my coconut flour pancakes recipe, replaced the applesauce with coconut milk, added xylitol, then adjusted the amount of coconut flour until I reached a consistency that seemed just right. I didn’t expect to succeed right away, but happily, these coconut flour muffins are perfect!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with foil liners (not sure why, but my muffins were perfect in foil liners, but got mildly stuck to paper liners, at least while they were still warm), and brush the liners with coconut oil. This might also work in a nonstick pan, with no liners at all - but I haven't tried that.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs using a hand whisk. Whisk in the remaining ingredients one by one.
- Using an ice cream scoop, transfer the batter to the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until browned and set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan on a cooling rack, then transfer the muffins to the cooling rack to cool 10 more minutes before enjoying. Keep leftovers in fridge in an airtight container. Warm briefly in the microwave (5 seconds per muffin) before enjoying the leftovers.