Tender, fluffy, very flavorful whole-wheat pumpkin muffins. One of my favorite fall breakfasts!
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Breakfast
Yield: 12 muffinsNew quantity:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and spray the liners with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and yogurt. Add the pumpkin puree and the oil, whisking to combine.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Batter will be thick and spongy.
- To prepare the topping, mix the sugar with the cinnamon.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup almost to the top. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then cool directly on the wire rack 15 more minutes before enjoying.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 muffin; Calories: 145; Total Fat: 3g; Carbohydrates: 27g; Sugars: 11g; Sodium: 250mg; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 5g