An easy recipe for an incredibly moist and fluffy Greek yogurt cake. Made with almond flour, this cake is also low carb and gluten free.
This wonderful Greek yogurt cake is incredibly moist and fluffy. It is healthy too. Made with almond flour and stevia, it is low carb and gluten free. But you’ll never know it by the taste and texture!
I think I like this Greek yogurt cake even better than my almond flour cake, which is also very good.
The taste of this Greek yogurt cake resembles pound cake, even though it contains no butter.
I use Strauss Greek yogurt, which is incredibly thick, even compared to other full fat Greek yogurts. I’m pretty sure that this recipe would work with other brands. But if there’s any liquid on top of your Greek yogurt, do pour it out, to make the yogurt as thick as possible.
I wanted to make this Greek yogurt cake as pretty as possible for the photographs. So I dusted it with a small amount of Swerve Confectioners. But this is purely optional, and normally I don’t do it.
At 190 calories and 4 grams net carbs per slice, go ahead and indulge! I consider this Greek yogurt cake as healthy enough to be a breakfast cake. I often have a slice for breakfast!
Greek Yogurt Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously spray a 9-inch pie plate with oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt, stevia, vanilla and salt.
- Mix in the almond flour, whisking until batter is smooth and lump free.
- Mix in the baking soda.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then slice and serve.