Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Juicy little cocktail meatballs are the best appetizer! Coated in a wonderfully flavorful sauce, they are simply irresistible.
Servings 24 meatballs
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (85/15)
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with olive oil spray.
In a large bowl, mix the beef with the spices.
Form into 24 small meatballs, each weighing around 20 grams. I actually weight them on a kitchen scale, but you can eyeball it too.
Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, not touching each other. Spray them with olive oil, then bake for 10 minutes.
While the meatballs are baking, whisk together the sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan, then heat the sauce over medium-low heat. Bring it to a gentle boil, then lower the heat to low and simmer while the meatballs are in the oven.
Remove the meatballs from the pan with a slotted spatula. Toss them in the sauce until well-coated. Transfer to a serving plate and use a pastry brush to brush them with more sauce.
Serve the cocktail meatballs with the remaining sauce for dipping.
1. I often use extra-lean ground beef in my recipes. But in this recipe, the meatballs are too dry if using extra-lean ground beef, so it’s best to use lean ground beef.
2. If you don’t mind the carbs, use real maple syrup or honey. They are thicker and tastier than sugar-free alternatives.
Serving: 4meatballs | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.3g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 390mg