Beef Stir Fry
An easy recipe for very flavorful Chinese beef stir fry, the ultimate healthy weeknight dinner because it's ready so fast.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce ((or use a gluten-free alternative and add salt as needed)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey, or a low carb alternative
- 1 teaspoon organic cornstarch (or a paleo alternative)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1.5 lb. sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and stir fry 2 minutes, just until no longer raw. Remove to a plate using a slotted spoon.
To the same skillet, add the remaining oil, then add the onions and bell peppers and stir-fry until just tender, about 4 minutes.
Add the garlic, ginger and snow peas. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Lower heat to medium if the pan gets too hot at this point.
Mix the sauce again, then add it. Add back the beef. Stir fry until everything is well coated and the sauce slightly thickens, 1 more minute.
Transfer the beef stir fry to a serving platter or bowl. Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 460mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g