Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Savory Cheese Balls
Delicious, savory cheese balls are an ideal party snack, because they are made in advance and served at room temperature.
Prep Time 45 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 20 cheese balls
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese (3/4 cup)
- 1 oz grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt (not table salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 oz finely chopped pecans (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
Place the cream cheese, cheddar, Parmesan, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, parsley, and cayenne pepper in your food processor. Process until well blended.
Using a rubber spatula, scrape the mixture into a bowl, cover, and freeze for 15 minutes.
Shape the mixture into 20 1-inch cheese balls, each weighing ½ oz (15 grams).
Roll the cheese balls in the toppings to coat. You will need to gently press the cheese balls into the chopped nuts to help the nuts adhere.
Serve immediately, with crackers and/or crudités, or refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove from fridge 30-60 minutes before serving.
Serving: 1cheese ball | Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 86mg