Add to Collection
Go to Collections
An easy recipe for sesame shrimp stir fry that comes together in minutes, literally - this tasty dish takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce (or use a gluten-free alternative and add salt as needed)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or a low carb alternative)*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (or potato starch)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, green parts
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and cornstarch. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp. Stir fry until almost completely opaque, about 4 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the soy sauce mixture. Continue to stir-fry until shrimp are completely opaque and sauce is thickened, about 2 more minutes.
Divide the shrimp among dinner plates. Ladle the sauce on top. Drizzle with sesame oil, and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve immediately.
If using the low carb honey alternative, this dish has 365 calories and 5 grams carbs per serving.
To keep this dish gluten free, use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce, and make sure the starch you use (cornstarch or potato starch) is labeled as gluten free.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 912mg | Sugar: 4g