Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Delightful cinnamon scones are wonderfully tender and so very flavorful. Made with almond flour, they are wholesome and gluten-free.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Rest time 5 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 8 scones
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 oz Honeyville blanched almond flour (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite (equals about ¼ cup sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, mix together the sweetener and the cinnamon for the topping. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, with a large spatula or a fork, mix together the almond flour, cinnamon, kosher salt, and baking powder. Mix until well incorporated.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, butter, sweetener, and vanilla.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix with a spatula to combine into a smooth dough. You can use your hands at the last stage of mixing.
Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Form it into a rough circle, about 7-inch in diameter and 1/2-inch thick. Use a sharp knife to cut the circle into 8 triangles. Carefully separate the triangles from each other so that they can bake evenly. Sprinkle the triangles with the cinnamon sugar.
Bake until the scones are firm and golden, 15-17 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then serve.
Serving: 1scone | Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 227mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g