Add to Collection
Go to Collections
An amazingly rich and tasty cauliflower casserole is keto and low carb.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets (1.5 lb. florets)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (not fine salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used low-fat, feel free to use full-fat)
- 2 tablespoons whole milk (or cream)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar, divided
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, green parts
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Arrange the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Liberally spray with olive oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Roast the cauliflower until tender-crisp, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the sour cream, milk, Dijon, garlic, cayenne and 1/2 cup cheddar.
When cauliflower is done, add it to the sour cream sauce and mix to combine.
Transfer the mixture to a greased 1.5-quart baking dish. Top with the remaining shredded cheddar. Return to the oven and bake just until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle the cauliflower casserole with the bacon bits and the scallions and serve.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 414mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g