Delicious, super flavorful cabbage pancakes with a phenomenal spicy dipping sauce. In this gluten free version, I used coconut flour instead of wheat flour.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce or use a gluten-free alternative plus salt if needed
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 oz pre-shredded cabbage (1/2 bag)
- 4 large scallions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce (or use a gluten-free alternative and add salt as needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil or avocado oil for frying
Prepare the dipping sauce by mixing the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cabbage, scallions and coconut flour.
In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, soy sauce, pepper and garlic.
Stir the egg mixture into the cabbage mixture. Mix well.
Heat a nonstick double burner griddle, or two large nonstick skillets over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil and brush to coat.
Scoop the mixture into the griddle with a 4-tablespoon ice cream scoop or measuring cup per pancake. Flatten with a spatula.
Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned on both sides. Flip them carefully, they are very delicate. Serve immediately, with the dipping sauce and a spoon for spreading the sauce on the pancakes.
Serving: 2cabbage pancakes | Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Sodium: 386mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g