Shrimp scampi is a classic recipe of shrimp tossed in a simple-yet-exquisite sauce of butter, garlic and white wine.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lb. large shrimp, 16-20 per lb., shelled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat the butter in a very large (14 inch) skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, one minute.
Add the shrimp, the wine and the kosher salt. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat, until shrimp are pink and opaque, about 5 minutes.
Remove the shrimp from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley and black pepper. Toss to combine, and serve.
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 700mg | Fiber: 0.1g