Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Flavorful cauliflower stuffing is keto and paleo.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces (2 lb. whole, 1 lb. after trimming)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt, divided (not fine salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 Portobello mushrooms, chopped (10 oz)
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, stir together the chopped cauliflower, onion, celery and garlic. Toss with the melted butter, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, black pepper, thyme and sage.
Spread the cauliflower mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven. Add the chopped mushrooms, stirring them into the mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of salt and lightly spray with olive oil.
Return the pan to the oven and roast until the stuffing is browned, about 15 more minutes. To promote browning, if your pan is broiler-safe, you can also roast for just 10 minutes, then broil, 6 inches below the heating element (not directly below or it will burn), for 2-3 more minutes.
Garnish the cauliflower stuffing with chopped parsley and serve.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 308mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g