Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Keto Green Bean Casserole
Cheesy keto green bean casserole is made with fresh green beans, cheese, and pork rind "breadcrumbs." It's so creamy and flavorful!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon of fine salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups fresh green beans cut into 2-inch pieces (12 oz)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced onions (4 oz)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (6 oz)
- 1 cup grated Cheddar divided (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup pork rind “panko” (or almond meal)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
Mix the sour cream with the Dijon, garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
Place the green beans in a microwave-safe bowl. Add ¼ cup water. Cover and microwave until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain well. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and the mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until golden and tender, 5-7 minutes.
Remove from heat and let slightly cool. Mix in the steamed green beans, the sour cream sauce, and half the cheese.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese and with the pork rind panko.
Bake until the casserole is heated through and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Sodium: 350mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g