Earthy, flavorful caramelized shallots make a wonderful side dish to meat. They are incredibly delicious, and quite easy to make.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 3 servings
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb. fresh whole shallots, peeled (6 medium shallots)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large oven-proof skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are browned, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat. Add the vinegar, salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
Transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake 20-30 minutes, until shallots are fork-tender. Divide between plates, spoon the sauce on top, and sprinkle with parsley.
Serving: 2shallots | Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 209mg