Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Keto Fruit Cake
An easy recipe for delicious gluten-free and keto fruit cake, that tastes wonderfully nutty and rich without being cloyingly sweet.
Servings 14 slices
- Avocado oil spray for pan
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stevia glycerite (equals 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1½ cups blanched finely ground almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a small loaf pan (8 X 4 inches) with two overlapping strips of parchment, allowing the strips to overhang on each end, creating handles (as shown in the video). Spray the parchment paper with oil.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, vanilla, stevia, orange zest and kosher salt.
Add the almond flour, whisking it until very smooth. Whisk in the baking soda.
Add the cranberries and walnuts, folding them in with a rubber spatula.
Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top with a spatula.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. The cake won't get very dark.
Cool in pan on a cooling rack for 20 minutes, then use the parchment “handles” to lift the cake out of the pan. Place the cake on the cooling rack, allow to cool 10 more minutes, then slice into 14 thin slices and serve.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 106mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g