Healthy Sloppy Joes
An easy recipe for healthy sloppy joes that are keto and paleo. A simple homemade recipe, made without brown sugar.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (85/15)
- 1 small onion, chopped (4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup unsweetened ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia glycerite (optional, equals 1 tablespoon sweetener)
Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When foaming subsides, add the beef and the onions and cook, breaking up the beef into small pieces, until beef is no longer raw and onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic. Cook, stirring, 1 more minute, then stir in the remaining ingredients. Lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring often, 5 more minutes.
Remove the sloppy joes from the heat. Serve immediately.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 377mg | Sugar: 1g