Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Moo Shu Chicken
Amazing flavors in this easy moo shu chicken recipe that uses shredded, precooked chicken.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 servings
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce (or use a gluten-free alternative and add salt as needed)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Moo shu chicken ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 (14 oz) package shredded cabbage
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded (10 oz)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, divided (1 oz)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar and red pepper flakes.
Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the coconut oil and swirl to coat. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
Add the soy sauce mixture and the shredded cabbage. Cook 1 minute, until just wilted, stirring constantly to coat all the cabbage with the sauce.
Add the chicken and 1/4 cup green onions. Cook 1 more minute, stirring. Off heat, stir in the sesame oil.
How to serve:
Serve, garnished with the remaining green onions and sesame seeds, over cooked brown rice, on top of shredded lettuce, or in lettuce/cabbage cups, as shown.
To create lettuce or cabbage cups:
Rinse a head of green cabbage or iceberg lettuce; dry well. Discard damaged outer leaves. Cut in half through the core, remove the core with a sharp knife, then carefully separate into cups, using 2-3 leaves for each cup.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 345mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g