Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cold Avocado Soup
Delightfully refreshing, this delicious cold avocado soup with yogurt is wonderfully creamy. It's the perfect summertime lunch!
Prep Time 40 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 medium avocado, ripe, diced (6 oz without refuse)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, plus a few leaves for garnish
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt (I use Fage 5%)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup cold water plus more as needed
Place all the ingredients in food processor, starting with 1/2 cup water. Process until very smooth, about 1 minute, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
Check the consistency and, if desired, add up to 1/4 cup more water and process to combine.
Divide the avocado soup among 4 individual bowls. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
Mix again, garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.
I recommend using Haas avocado in this recipe. It's creamy and flavorful, and not as watery as other avocado varieties.
It's OK to use regular (non-Greek) yogurt, but then you will need to add less water, or maybe even no water at all.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 301mg | Fiber: 1g