Cold Avocado Soup
Delightfully refreshing, this delicious cold avocado soup with yogurt is wonderfully creamy. It's the perfect summertime lunch!
Prep Time 40 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 medium avocado, diced (6 oz without refuse)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, plus a few leaves for garnish
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt (I use Fage 5%)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cold water plus more as needed
Place all the ingredients in food processor, starting with 1/2 cup water. Process until very smooth, about 1 minute, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
Check the consistency and, if desired, add up to 1/4 cup more water and process to combine.
Divide the avocado soup among 4 individual bowls. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
Mix again, garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 301mg | Fiber: 1g