Add to Collection
Go to Collections
An easy recipe for creamy tzatziki sauce made with Greek yogurt. In the summer, I add enough water to turn it into a deliciously refreshing chilled soup.
Servings 3 servings
- 2 cups plain, full-fat Greek yogurt (I used Fage Greek Yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (black is OK but will be visible on the white sauce)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup water (if making a chilled soup rather than a sauce)
In a large bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, kosher salt and white pepper.
Mix in the garlic, cucumber and dill.
If you'd like to make a chilled soup, add as much water as needed to slightly thin out the tzatziki, starting with 1/4 cup. Don't add too much water - you want this thick and hearty.
Cover and chill for one hour to allow flavors to develop. Mix the tzatziki one more time before serving.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 429mg | Sugar: 6g