Add to Collection
Go to Collections
This cabbage stir fry is incredible. Seriously. I know it's just cabbage, but cabbage has a way of absorbing other flavors, and the sauce here is phenomenal.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 medium green cabbage, 1 1/4 lb.
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce (or use a gluten-free alternative and add salt as needed)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
Cut the cabbage into quarters, then slice each quarter into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey and red pepper flakes.
Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet or a wok over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
Add the cabbage slices. Cook, stirring, 2 more minutes. Add the sauce, bring to a boil, and continue to stir-fry 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, drizzle the sesame oil on top, stir one more time, sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and serve.
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 455mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g