Wonderfully flavorful teriyaki salmon is healthy and low in sugar. This is a quick and easy recipe, suitable for a weeknight dinner.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (or use a gluten-free alternative and add salt as needed)
- 1/8 teaspoon konjac flour (or 1 teaspoon cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (or sake)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 4 (6 oz) wild salmon fillets
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds toasted a few minutes in a warm skillet over medium heat
In a small saucepan, whisk together the soy sauce and konjac flour. Add the white wine, honey, minced garlic and minced ginger, whisking to combine.
Heat the glaze over medium heat, whisking often, 3-4 minutes, until it thickens into syrup. Remove from heat.
Heat broiler on high and position a rack 3-4 inches below flame (top rack). Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray it with olive oil spray.
Place the salmon pieces on the foil and lightly spray them with olive oil. Broil 5-6 minutes, or until opaque.
Remove the salmon fillets to a serving platter. Brush with the teriyaki glaze, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Serving: 1salmon filet | Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 368mg | Sugar: 4g