Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Flavorful oven baked Jamaican jerk chicken takes the "boring" out of chicken! Jerk seasoning is phenomenal - bold, sweet-and-spicy, and full of flavor.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (use 2 teaspoons if you don't mind high sodium)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (3.5 oz) chicken drumsticks, skin on
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients (all of them except the chicken) to make a paste.
Arrange the chicken drumsticks in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon the paste on top, spreading it all over the drumsticks.
Bake until chicken is fragrant, well-browned and cooked through, about 45 minutes.
Jerk seasoning is based on this recipe by Aaron McCargo Jr.
If using 1 tablespoon honey, a serving has 5 grams of carbs and 275 calories. And if using a honey substitute, a serving has 1 gram of carbs and 260 calories.
Serving: 2drumsticks | Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 656mg | Sugar: 8g