An easy recipe for baked scallops with a wonderful sauce of butter, lemon, and Parmesan.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 lb. large sea scallops (15 per pound)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus 1/4 cup more for topping
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon sea salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Rinse the scallops and pat dry. Place in a lightly greased casserole dish.
In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together the butter, wine, lemon juice, 1/2 cup Parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley, and cayenne. Set aside for a couple of minutes until the mixture thickens.
Spoon a little of the mixture on top of each scallop.
Cover the pan with foil and bake until scallops are cooked through and opaque, and their internal temperature is 115 degrees F. This should take about 25 minutes if your scallops are extra large, less if they’re smaller. So start checking after 20 minutes.
Uncover the scallops, sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and with the paprika (mostly added for color), and broil for a minute or two to brown. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 664mg